Speaking Green…Former Belk Site
We wanted to know what you wanted to see...and how you might use...the former Belk’s site in Downtown. We asked for your input and you gave it! Some amenities on the wish list were:
- Water Feature
- Open Pavilion
- Children's Area
- Focal Point
Click here and you will be amazed at what you see!
West Whitner Parking Garage
The construction of the 250 space garage and 11,000 square-feet of retail space, which began in early 2008, has been completed. The parking garage structure has certainly changed the landscape of downtown and is a major development in furthering our downtown revitalization efforts.
Parking is currently free all of the time.
"Best of Be"
The 2013 Best of Be Readers' Choice Awards results are in! "Be" is the entertainment supplement to the Anderson Independent-Mail newspaper, and the annual awards are for the best businesses and restaurants in the Upstate of South Carolina. Thanks for your consideration of Downtown businesses.
- Best Furniture Store: Kimbrell’s, 509 N. Main Street
- Jewelry Store: Phil’s Jewelry, 116 N. Main Street
- Spa: Lilia Day Spa, 116 E. Benson Street
- Live Music Spot: Piedmont Natural Gas Block Party, Anderson Courthouse Plaza
- Hotel: Bleckley Inn, 151 E. Church Street
- Event: Piedmont Natural Gas Block Party, Anderson County Plaza
- Downtown Hangout: Uptown Lounge, 301 N. McDuffie Street
- Best Bar: Johnny Angell’s A Bar, 126 N. Main Street
- Business Lunch: Sullivan’s Metropolitan Grill, 208 S. Main Street
- Dessert: Sullivan’s Metropolitan Grill, 208 S. Main Street
- Happy Hour: Uptown Lounge, 301 N. McDuffie Street
- Lunch: SummaJoe’s, 127 N. Main Street
- Health Food: SummaJoe’s, 127 N. Main Street
- Pizza: SummaJoe’s, 127 N. Main Street
- New Restaurant: Doolittle’s, 112 N. Main Street